So, it’s December and it’s nearly Christmas. Already. How did that happen? Wasn’t it summer (if you can call it that) like about five minutes ago?
You can tell it’s almost Christmas, my last weekend was made up of eating some gingerbread & orange cake, several glasses of mulled wine with friends, a bonfire, hats, scarves, gloves, soggy feet, coming home to my excited flatmate putting up a Christmas tree in the living room, Christmas songs playing in the street and trying to learn the words to various Christmas carols ready for a gig this week. Oh yes & I acquired an electric blanket. A particular highlight. Who knew they were so great?!
Anyway, as well as the said gig, I have (or will have as of this week) lots of my most recent artwork up in the seven exhibitions that are listed below. So, if you are interested in seeing my artwork in real life & not just virtually on my website and on my Facebook page, then please go to one of these places to take a look! Another thing, if you need a wedding or event photographer in the near future, we at Capture Photographers are currently taking new bookings and if you are interested in developing & making the most of your digital photography skills you will be pleased to know that our courses are returning in the new year.
***Don’t forget, if you are Christmas shopping at the moment to consider buying affordable, original artwork as presents for your loved ones whilst also supporting local emerging artists***
- Dot Art Pop Up Art Shop: Affordable, original and limited edition art by local artists on display at The Cavern Walks. All part of Liverpool Pops-Up For Christmas. I have several original ink & watercolour drawings on display. Participating artists: Alistair Parker; Angela Burton; Blacksoup; Bryn Davies; Chris Turrell Watts; Clare Ellis; Craig Magee; Danny Hampson; Dave Broadfoot; David Tunstall; Erica Hamilton; Frank Linnett; Gareth Arrowsmith; Graeme Murray; Jackie Stevens; Jane Adams; Jason Bradley; Jazamin Sinclair; John Christiansen; John Sutherst; John Walton; John Whitelaw; Judy Musselle; Julian Heath; Marianthi Lainas; Mark McGowan; Martin Jones; Matthew Thomas; Mike Rickett; Nathan Pendlebury; Olga Snell; Pam Holstein; Patrick Higgins; Rob Edmonson; Sophie Green; Stephen Collett; Susan Brown; & Susan Finch. Exhibition continues until 23rd December 2012.
- Christmas Art Exhibition: Original and limited edition artwork by a group of locally acclaimed artists all on display at The Gallery Liverpool. I will have several mini canvases on display. The private view is this Friday (14th December) from 7pm – 10pm so come along & say hello! Full list of artists to be announced. Exhibition continues until 10th January 2013.
- Winter Blues 7: An annual group exhibition at The Egg that I organise with HeadSpace@EggSpace full of affordable artwork by local emerging artists. I have two original ink & watercolour drawings on display. Participating artists: Paulina Balicka; Peter Barker; May Chong; Ria Collister; Anna Di Scala; Tim Dunfo; Frances Gillyon; Consuelo Giorgi; Gareth Halsall; Barbara Harrison; Karl Harry; Karen Henley; Pamela Holstein; Sidney Jarrett; David Lunt; Claire McAteer; Spike Pickard; Jazamin Sinclair; Jackie Stevens; & David Symonds. Exhibition continues until 20th January 2013.
- Landscape at the University of Liverpool Vice Chancellor’s Lodge: An exhibition by several members of Toxteth Art Gallery. I have two large canvases on display. Participating artists: Anton Dolders; Felicity Wren; Xia Lu; Tom Donahue; George Lund; Sara AbouMrad; Richard Ashworth; Peter Barker ; Feroz Khan; Susan Lee Brown; Sarah Ryan; Alice Lenkiewicz; Colin Serjent; Jazamin Sinclair; Janine Pinion; Barbara Harrison; & Sarah Nicholson. *Viewing strictly by appointment or invite only. Please enquire*. Exhibition continues until January 2013.
- Great Expectations: An exhibition by several members of Toxteth Art Gallery at LCAD. I have several mini canvases on display! Participating artists: George Lund; Michael Kirkham; Sidney Jarrett; Anna Di Scala; Peter Barker; Sarah Nicholson; Alice Lenkiewicz; & Jazamin Sinclair. Exhibition continues until 7th January 2013.
- 81 Renshaw Street: Myself & several other local artists have artwork up on the walls of this fantastic newly opened arts cafe. I will have several mini canvases on display. If that isn’t enough to tempt you in, they are offering *free (delicious) cake every Friday in December* when you buy a hot drink! Exhibition ongoing.
- The Caledonia: Myself & several other artists will have original artwork up in an exhibition organised by Lis Edgar, Collage Collectables & Fine Art. I will have several mini canvases on display in the very near future (please enquire for exact details). Exhibition ongoing.
- Capture Photographers: I am pleased to announce that there are new images from some recent weddings and events that we were the official photographers for now for on our website. We are currently taking bookings for next year and if you need to book a photographer for your Christmas party or event, get in touch by calling 07811 059 702 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Getting The Best From Digital Photography: Get to grips with your digital camera with these hands on sessions introducing you to a wide range of knowledge, techniques and tips to improve your photography all led by myself & Jackie Stevens at The Bluecoat. The course will take place over two evenings from 6.45pm – 9.30pm on 24th & 31st January 2013. Find out more & book a place here!
- Sense of Sound present Winter Clear: I will be performing alongside other Sense of Sound singers at this concert featuring highlights from this year’s previous projects plus some original and fun Christmas repertoire to help celebrate the season in style at The Bluecoat this Thursday (13th December) at 8:00pm. Tickets cost £10/£8 and can be purchased from The Bluecoat box office by calling 0151 702 5324 or by booking online but they are selling out fast!